- Consumers to have a say in Smart Meter charging processThe Government has made changes to ensure greater transparency in the way metering charges are passed on to consumers. The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) will now be required to conduct consultation with consumer groups when assessing these charges.
- Deadline for flexible pricing reversionHouseholds that switched to flexible pricing have until 31 March 2015 to switch back to their previous rate structure with the same retailer without incurring an administration fee.
- Choice gives My Power Planner the tick of approval!
22nd Jan 2014
Independent consumer advocate, Choice, believes My Power Planner is good for consumers....
- Smart meter rollout arrangements
29th Nov 2013
The Victorian Government is implementing ongoing arrangements for the installation of Smart Meters...
- New flexible pricing options
27 September 2013The Minister for Energy and Resources Nicholas Kotsiras recently announced the availability of new flexible pricing options for electricity that will give Victorian consumers more choice.
- New Switch On campaign
30th July 2013A new Switch On community education campaign was launched on 15 July to alert consumers to the introduction of flexible pricing and ensure that they receive independent easy to understand information.
- Smart Meter compatible web portals
18th June 2013
Electricity companies AGL, Origin Energy, Click Energy, Jemena, United Energy and SP AusNet have launched Smart Meter compatible web portals...
- Flexible pricing
27th September 2012
From mid-2013, more electricity customers will start to be offered a choice between flat tariffs and new flexible pricing.
View previous smart meters news updates on the smart meters - past news page